Thursday, February 9, 2012

Home Stretch

I've heard from a few different places that 27 weeks marks the beginning of the third trimester, and then other places that it's 28 weeks. I decided to split the difference. I'm 27 weeks 5 days and finally starting the home stretch of this crazy adventure. It's hard to believe how fast everything has gone by. I'm ready for these last 12 weeks to fly by so I can be playing with my little monster.

So far I've gained 15+ pounds but happily gaining it all in my belly.  I'm in my last pair of jeans so I probably will have to invest in some maternity pants soon, ahh.  Hello stretchy waistband.  My appetite has gone crazy; I can eat all day.  I have to have a constant supply of grapes and apples or else I would just eat junk. Which still tends to happen. One trip I made to the commissary when I was hungry, ended up with me bringing home Snickers Ice Cream bars, Oreos, Muddy Buddies, and chocolate chip cookies. Needless to say, I can never go there when I'm hungry again. If I don't keep it in the house I can't eat it. So it's all juices, fruits, and whole grain cereals for snack time.   Some old symptoms are popping back up, and some new. I have to pee every five minutes and I noticed I have these hot flashes.  This is the one time I could visit my sister's Arctic house and not be cold. I'm also drinking twenty gallons of water a day and my fingers are too swollen to fit my wedding ring on. Only in my hands though, I'm avoiding the cankles somehow.

We had some project time this past week. We decided to turn our coffee table into an upholstered ottoman. Taylor and I were getting tired of our feet falling asleep every time we put our feet up. So we painted the table with our new handy spray gun in the same charcoal gray as the nursery.  I found some great black and white honeycomb fabric at Hobby Lobby and purchased some foam and batting.
We love it.  And it is incredibly comfortable.  If we ever get tired of it, it could probably go at the end of the guest bed.

The rug I ordered for the nursery also came in this week and I decided to put it in the living room for the time being. It was 8 x 10 so it was plenty big, and we needed one for the area. It was dark gray and shaggy-ish so it's nice to sink your toes into, maybe I'll find a different one for Baby? :)

In our base housing we have this one awkward size room that is meant to be the dining room and living room. It's hard to make these bunkers look cute but I did my best. With our new rug I have to say it's at least cozy enough.
My little pup is the best!

The recipe this week is my favorite!!


Curried Chicken Salad

Ingredients:
(left-over) chicken (2 breasts ish)
2 ice berg lettuce leaves
1/2 medium carrot
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp yogurt (or an additional 2 tbsp of mayo)
1/4 tsp mustard powder
1/4 heaping tsp curry powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 onion powder
1/2 sweet apple
green onions
1 oz cheese
flat-leaf parsley
pepper
salt

Directions:
First, shred the leftover cold chicken with your hands into a bowl.
Chop the lettuce, peel and grate the carrot, chop the onion, and chop the apple.
Combine the mayo and yogurt into a separate bowl and add the spices then the parsley.
Finally add the chicken, lettuce, carrot, apple, onion, and cheese. Careful not to bruise the lettuce, I stirred with a big plastic spatula.

Toast some kaiser rolls and serve. Taylor liked to add a slice of swiss to melt on top of the rolls too. This recipe is one of our new favorites, such a mix of amazing flavor.

On this [blog] they show it step by step with pictures.


-B

No comments:

Post a Comment