Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Levi is One

We have a one year old! This year went by too quickly. I can't wrap my head around the fact that we have a one year old little boy, and he's just going to keep growing up.
I spent the week before Levi's birthday going through old photos of him still in my belly and of the night he was born. I read old blog posts and journal entries and looked back on how I was feeling about becoming a mom. After my one year anniversary of Motherhood, I'm feeling pretty good!

I don't think I've posted since we've made the move to Hawaii.

It was an incredibly long two days of traveling. Right before our flight to Hawaii, the airlines told us our crate for Piper was not 'airline approved'.  That caused a minor panic attack, but luckily there was a pet shop not far from LAX, so Taylor jumped in a taxi and was able to make it back in plenty of time.  After a long 6 hours in the air, we finally landed on Oahu. Home Sweet Home, for a while.

 
Taylor was given about a week of permissive leave, so we went out and explored as much as we could.
 
 



Waimanalo Beach


Hanauma Bay
 

Our favorite area is a small surfing town up on the North Shore called Haleiwa. The sun sets perfectly over there and they have the most amazing Thai food. I wish we lived closer!
 




 Our new neighborhood.
 Out on the western tip of the island.




 C-17

Haleiwa Thai

 Levi is walking all over the place.
 Boots and Kimos. He loves their Macadamia Nut pancakes.



 
Levi Owen <3
 
It's been a wonderful few months living in Hawaii!
 
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment