Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A move, a Positive, and a new home.

Hi everyone! I realize it has been months since I have updated but I promise, I have viable excuses. These past few months have been extremely eventful...to say the least.
My husband Taylor finished up 2/3 of pilot training, and we were required to move to complete the last part. Out to the very small town of Enid, Oklahoma. Now, moving is stressful enough. It was our first big move being married and there is a lot of paperwork etc. involved when you're in the military. So, to make it more interesting, God gave us a little blessing the morning of August 29th. I never thought a pink addition symbol could leave me speechless, but this tiny plus sign was the start of something huge. Whoa. I was pregnant.
Taylor had been wanting to start a family since thirty minutes after we got married, so a little after a year I decided I was ready to start our family. We kept quiet about it however, you never know if you are going to run into problems. Three weeks after I decided I was ready to be a mom, I found out I was going to be a mom.
Keeping it a secret was probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Taylor was at work when I tested, so I tried to think of a cute idea to tell him hey, we're having a baby. So I went Target, still shaken, and just threw some things in my cart. A copy of Goodnight Moon, some tiny diapers, onesies. I went home and filled up his sock drawer with the goods, and threw in the positive tests. (Believe it or not, these do come with caps, so it's not that gross.) So Taylor got home and the first thing he usually does is change out of his flightsuit. I sat there on the bed, shaking, and nervously smiling. He opened the drawer. Nothing. He stood there. Looked at me. "Are you trying to tell me something?"
Now, I'm not quite sure what else I would be communicating by filling up his drawer with baby things. Then he picked up the tests and said, "I don't know what these mean!!" And I just started laughing. He finally gave me a belly hug and stayed there for about ten minutes.

Moving was a bit challenging because I felt ill most of the time, but we finally made it out to Oklahoma and into our house on base. Taylor is excited to start his last part of training, and I'm keeping busy unpacking and trying to put our house together. Most likely, we will only be here until the end of May. My due date and Taylor's winging just happen to be two weeks apart, so. That's fun.

Anyway, I will try and update more frequently to keep my family and friends informed about how things are going with my first pregnancy. Next week I will be 12 weeks and finishing up my first trimester. Thank goodness, I'm ready for that energy.
More soon!

-B

1 comment: